Translate

Friday, April 23, 2010

The Dog who chews power cords...


I mean seriously how can you resist this face? She is so cute, so sweet and so smart. Wait a minute...Smart? Hmmm, well let's see, she knows sit, stay, no, come. She plays fetch really well, she can dance on her back legs and she is really fast. So yeah, she is smart...except for one thing, she likes to chew on electric cords while they are still plugged in! So far she has chewed through three fans, one heating pad and her latest victim, the electric heater. Now here is the thing, we don't leave her outside when the weather is bad, she gets too cold to easily so I have made my "office" her little room as well. She has all of her toys, her crate, and a blanket. Usually I leave the radio on so she doesn't get lonely. Now I know that she gets bored, I understand I would be bored too if I was trapped into a room for 3-4 hours at a time. But why not chew on your toys, not cords that are plugged into the wall?! What amazes me, this latest job was the dirtiest ones of all. The other cords were chewed right at the plug. What makes this funny is I have this image in my mind of her pulling the plug out (I HOPE) and then getting to work. My fear is that isn't the case and she just starts chewing it while its plugged in and getting shocked. We do have to break her of this terrible habit. I did some research and they say to put something really bad tasting on the cords that way they won't chew, I'm just afraid that my dog is way to strong headed that she will chew it anyways...Have any of you ever had this problem?

2 comments:

Erin said...

Man, does she have a death wish? Gotta love her though.

Nik Kosach said...

Remember when we had a cousin who used to stick forks in electric sockets....??? She will just have to learn the hard way. But, if I were you I would unplug everything while you are gone. That could end really bad on her end.