So last night I had the privilege to go to a Reno Aces game with three of my friends. The seats we were sitting are Wedco's Company seats (My family's Company). This summer Wedco was nice enough to give me 4 tickets to about 5 of the Aces Home Games. Last night was the last set of ticket I had for this season. Sam was in Houston so I asked my friends if they wanted to go, and so we went.
Now keep in mind, we are all friends, college friends to be exact. We have a lot to talk about! So we were talking through-out the game, the Honeymoon Sam and I are about to go on, our jobs, having babies, funny stories from College etc. We were NOT swearing, yelling, talking about inappropriate things. Nothing we were talking about was something I would not talk to my grandmother about.
The game was really slow. The pitcher Chris Brewer, gave up 9 runs before the 5th inning. The only exciting thing that happened while we were there was the fairly bogus call that was made on first base and Brett Buttler go into the home plate umpire's face about it. That was it.
Now the Wedco seats are on the third base line two rows behind the dugout. They are great seats! The seats in front of us had two boys, a lady (the mom) and at the end of the aisle was a guy (the dad). At the beginning of the bottom of the 5th inning, they all get up to leave. As they are leaving, the guy comes back over to me, leans over the seat and says, "Can I give you a bit of advice?" Taken back from this guy getting into my face, said, "Sure, what's up?" He then proceeds to tell me, "You have been talking for the entire game. I'm here with my family to enjoy the game and all I can hear is you guys talking about your honeymoon, your jobs, your babies. We are here to watch the game, not listen to you talk." I looked at him and said, "Sir, we are all friends, we are just enjoying our night at the game." He then says, "If you want to talk, then go to a restaurant, that's what I do when I want to talk to my wife, I go to a restaurant. We are season ticket holders and we don't pay for this kind of thing." I then say to him, "It's a baseball game, we are friends, These are company tickets just like the seats you were in. Have a nice night." He then storms off.
After he left, I turned to the guy sitting next to me and asked if we were being rude and he simply said, "No, you guys are fine, he was the one being rude." Now I can put myself in his shoes, and really I have been there....I have gone to countless games, between my older brother Steve's baseball career and my younger brother Nik's baseball career, not to mention the countless MLB games I have been to in my life, I have sat next to the guy or girl that is yelling or is being annoying. BUT YOU ARE AT A BASEBALL GAME! It's part of the game. It is not a golf match where you have to watch in silence, it's a baseball game where the wave was created, and chants like, "Let's go Aces", is a normal thing. If we were really annoying him, he either could have turned around and asked politely and non-aggressively to quite down, or he could have done what most of us do, IGNORE IT. Not to mention, they are in fact company seats, I have yet to go to a game and see the same person sitting in those seats.
I'm sure some of you reading this might look at it as if he was in the right and I was in the wrong, but I'm sorry, I just don't see it that way. I see it as someone that pulled a passive aggressive move to "solve" a problem that he will never ever be able to solve, watch a baseball game live in complete silence.
Now keep in mind, we are all friends, college friends to be exact. We have a lot to talk about! So we were talking through-out the game, the Honeymoon Sam and I are about to go on, our jobs, having babies, funny stories from College etc. We were NOT swearing, yelling, talking about inappropriate things. Nothing we were talking about was something I would not talk to my grandmother about.
The game was really slow. The pitcher Chris Brewer, gave up 9 runs before the 5th inning. The only exciting thing that happened while we were there was the fairly bogus call that was made on first base and Brett Buttler go into the home plate umpire's face about it. That was it.
Now the Wedco seats are on the third base line two rows behind the dugout. They are great seats! The seats in front of us had two boys, a lady (the mom) and at the end of the aisle was a guy (the dad). At the beginning of the bottom of the 5th inning, they all get up to leave. As they are leaving, the guy comes back over to me, leans over the seat and says, "Can I give you a bit of advice?" Taken back from this guy getting into my face, said, "Sure, what's up?" He then proceeds to tell me, "You have been talking for the entire game. I'm here with my family to enjoy the game and all I can hear is you guys talking about your honeymoon, your jobs, your babies. We are here to watch the game, not listen to you talk." I looked at him and said, "Sir, we are all friends, we are just enjoying our night at the game." He then says, "If you want to talk, then go to a restaurant, that's what I do when I want to talk to my wife, I go to a restaurant. We are season ticket holders and we don't pay for this kind of thing." I then say to him, "It's a baseball game, we are friends, These are company tickets just like the seats you were in. Have a nice night." He then storms off.
After he left, I turned to the guy sitting next to me and asked if we were being rude and he simply said, "No, you guys are fine, he was the one being rude." Now I can put myself in his shoes, and really I have been there....I have gone to countless games, between my older brother Steve's baseball career and my younger brother Nik's baseball career, not to mention the countless MLB games I have been to in my life, I have sat next to the guy or girl that is yelling or is being annoying. BUT YOU ARE AT A BASEBALL GAME! It's part of the game. It is not a golf match where you have to watch in silence, it's a baseball game where the wave was created, and chants like, "Let's go Aces", is a normal thing. If we were really annoying him, he either could have turned around and asked politely and non-aggressively to quite down, or he could have done what most of us do, IGNORE IT. Not to mention, they are in fact company seats, I have yet to go to a game and see the same person sitting in those seats.
I'm sure some of you reading this might look at it as if he was in the right and I was in the wrong, but I'm sorry, I just don't see it that way. I see it as someone that pulled a passive aggressive move to "solve" a problem that he will never ever be able to solve, watch a baseball game live in complete silence.
No comments:
Post a Comment