Today Ian is officially 3 months! And what a month it has been....
Ian is talking a lot these days! He has the sweetest facial expressions when he is talking to you. He loves to smile a great big smile not to mention Ian will never be able to fake a smile because he smiles with his eyes as well (just like his mommy). He has discovered his hands and will hold them as well as chew on them. He is very strong in the legs and likes to stand for a short while when we hold him. He also does really well with tummy time but he does fuss after about 15 mins.
This month was a busy one, but it was a great one! Ian had his first plane ride and did amazing, 5 hour flight to Hawaii is no easy task but Ian thankfully seems to be a natural traveler. We when to Kauai for a week and had an amazing time. Ian loved the warm weather and we hardly put clothes on him. Most of his days were spent by the pool under an umbrella and from time to time we would take a dip in the pool. He loves water, so it will not surprise me if he becomes a swimmer. The great thing about our trip was my parents were there so they were able to spend a lot of time with Ian. He enjoyed Baba (grandma) signing to him all the time (Bruno Mars mostly) and he loved to sit on Gjedo's (grandpa) lap. Sam and I were able to go on our very first date since Ian and it was wonderful. The week in Kauai was wonderful and it was really hard to leave. It was a good time for us to spend together before I started back at work the next week.
He is doing really well in Daycare. And even though I was not a huge fan of him going to daycare he seems to be taking it in strides. They are wonderful and most of my fears have disappeared because they are doing such a great job taking care of him. The most important thing for Ian is to get stronger in his neck and arms and they seem to take that challenge and run with it. I do get to go the the daycare on my lunch break to nurse him which is wonderful. It gives me a good hour to spend with him, so the days go by really fast. It's also really nice because Courtney goes on her lunch to nurse Clive. So the two of us get to hang out with the babies together.
Sam has been working really hard the last month (minus the week in Kauai). He was in training the week after we got back from Hawaii so it was a lot of balancing. He has been cooking dinner more often (and quite well might I add) which is really nice for me because it gives me a break to just sit with Ian.
Returning to work has been a good transition. Given it's day 4 I'm happy to be back and happy to be in the swing of things. I love spending time with Ian but the one sided conversation can only go so far. :) I did have my annual review and for the most part it went well. It's sorta hard to review someone who was pregnant for most of the year and then gone, but hey it was nice to come back and basically be offered a guideline of what I need to work on. It's always good to know where you lack so you can work on improvement!
I haven't been running at all, its a lot harder now with Ian. A lot more steps involved, but I promised myself that I would start back up so this weekend will be my somewhat first time at the gym. I do want to sign up for some races but I'm not sure which ones not to mention, I think a half marathon is not in the works for me until Ian isn't depending on me 100% for his food. :)
Here are some pictures (and a video) from the last month:
![]() |
| "Well that was easy!" |
![]() |
| Getting ready to take off! |
![]() |
| Relaxing on the beach. |
![]() |
| Swimming in the pool |
![]() |
| "You guys go ahead and shop around (Costco) I'll just hang out here." |
![]() |
| First glimpse of the Pacific Ocean. |
![]() |
| "You crack me up Mom!" |
![]() |
| "Yes, I concur with you and your thoughts on the situation in the Ukraine." |











1 comment:
Thanks for the adorable update and pictures! You and Sam are naturals and I am so impressed at how you both have juggled everything and gotten into a rhythm so quickly. It is not easy so make sure that you cut yourself some slack. You are doing an AMAZING job! Ian is thriving and this is because you two have provided him with such a nuturing and loving home. So happy for you guys!
Post a Comment