Translate

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My dog Cora


First off, I'm not one of those peoples that think their dog is the only cute dog in the world. I mean come on, most dogs are cute. Go to the dog park sometimes. But my dog, Cora is by far on of the WORLDS cutest dogs, hands down.
The story of Cora...
I have always wanted a dog, but felt that I had an extreme lack of time therefor didn't think it was fair of me to get a dog that I could spend quality time with. Not to mention, a dog that doesn't feel loved is a dog that does all the things that I CANNOT have. One day Sam came home and said, I know a lady that breeds Boston Terriers (my dream dog) maybe she is breeding some and we can get one from her, she was. So I was really hoping that on my birthday last year I really felt like Sam was going to get me a dog. It didn't happen. I have to admit, I was kinda disappointed. I became annoying asking Sam to keep asking the lady if she had any, finally she came into work and told Sam, "I have a Boston, I gave it to my mom but she doesn't want it. Would you like to meet her and see if you and your girl want to keep her?" That day we were in the car on our way to meet the little girl. She was sitting in the passenger seat in a little ball and looked up at us and gave Sam a kiss. I looked at Sam and said, "Oh god, we're in trouble." We took her home to have a trial run and with only 20 mins of our little visit I told Sam, "I want this dog."
I wanted to give her a Spanish name. I felt like it would help me a little with me always dreaming about being back in Spain. At first I was going to give her a Basque name but really couldn't find a name that I liked and then my dear friend Courtney came to meet her, we were talking about names and I said, "She has this little heart on her neck and her nose, I thought about naming her Corazon (Heart in Spanish)" then she suggested, Cora! I loved and it really fits her personality. Funny how that always works out.
She has been amazing. Everyday she makes Sam and I laugh. She loves to jump, give lots and lots of kisses, she loves to play with the soccer ball and dance on her back legs. If you haven't been able to meet her, I hope that you do, because she is the greatest!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love Cora!!! YAY!

Nik Kosach said...

I love and miss Cora too. It was good to see her on skype last night! I lover her head tilt back and forth!