Translate

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thank you Sir Ma'm






My very first trip outside of Manila was to Boracay! Boracay is about 200 south of Manila, it is famous for its "White Beach," White Beach is about 4 miles of the whitest, softest, sand where the crystal clear ocean water washes up with quite and small waves. It is pretty much right up there with heaven on earth! Boracay is made up of districts they aren't very different from one another nor are they far, for example from district one to two its about 500 meters.
The flight was just about 45 mins (the airport is on a smaller island next to Boracay) when we arrived the hotel had picked us up, we hopped on a Tuk-Tuk, from the Tuk-Tuk we took a boat to Boracay, from there we took a bus to the hotel. The Hotel was great. Anna, Iris and I shared a Bungalow tucked away into a nice and green garden. When you walked out of the hotel it walked right into White Beach.
Because we left early Saturday morning so we wasted no time heading right to the beach. We spent the whole day on the beach drinking San Miguel beers and soaking in the sun. Saturday night we went out and had a wonderful meal of FRESH seafood. We ate like kings for about $30 bucks! It was insane, I had lobster, king prawns and salad and it was amazing. Later we walked down along the sand path to a bar called Mint. We made friends very quickly with the bar manager who was from New Zealand who had hired a singer who took our requests all night long. At one point, I even got up to sing with the guitar player! Yeah a lot of liquid courage went with that!

Sunday was a different story, we woke up to rain, rain and even more rain. Iris (my co-worker) and I went to "The Red Coconut" for lunch and then walked along the little shops and passed the time looking at all the little things that people handmade. We then went swimming in the rain. The water is so therapeutic here, it is so warm and calming you can just spend hours in the water if you want to. We then went back to the same restaurant and had a nice and romantic dinner! HA! It was really funny Iris and I made jokes all day that we were the "straight" partners on the island. Boracay is definitely somewhere you would go on a romantic holiday and here we were hanging out with each other all day NOT on a romanic holiday.

Boracay is a great CHEAP place to go. I would highly recommend going if you ever get close enough to go. The people are extremely welcoming and happy to see you.

Enjoy the pictures I took from Boracay!

1 comment:

Mel said...

I sooo envy that lobster and king prawns dinner! :D I'll be in Boracay early next year, fingers-crossed. :P