Translate

Monday, March 4, 2013

Operation Bathroom Update!

So this is a different post than I normally post, but I wanted to share with you all what Sam and I accomplished this weekend.  Our bathroom is well, a disaster!  It is a great layout and a wonderful size however, it's very white, very outdated looking and it needs to be re-tiled very very soon!

A few months ago we had someone come out and look at it because the shower has a lot of mold at the bottom of the shower, nothing makes it go away, NOTHING!  It is just one of those things where we know it has to be done, but it's also in the "one of these days" slots.  After we had a contractor come over, it became a definite, "one day" project because he estimated that after all that was said and done, it would cost us between $6,000-$10,000!

After the shock wore off, I felt that we could update the bathroom enough to get us through the next couple of months before we dove into a total remodel.  The project itself was not hard.  A little sanding, a lot of painting and what is a project without me throwing out the f-bomb from time to time?  We (I) decided to go with black because everything in our bathroom is white and I felt that it would help make the bathroom feel more like a master bathroom than a hospital bathroom.  So Sam and I tackled the vanity, we framed out the mirror and replaced the ugly light fixtures.  Next weekend we will update the fixtures and bathroom accessories....all in due time Keri, all in due time.  All in all, it wasn't a very expensive project (about $150) and the most important thing, it was a great lesson for us for when we do the kitchen cabinets!

What do you think?
Before:
Bye bye ugly seashell lights and maple vanity!



 Sam working really hard sanding!



















After:






No comments: