Translate

Monday, April 15, 2013

Pardon me as I step onto my soap box for a minute....

The truth is, I'm really sad right now.  What happened in Boston hit home a little too close and it really has snowballed into this monster inside my heart.  I'm sad, but more than anything I'm MAD!  How dare whoever did this take away what was supposed to be a day of accomplishment, a day of celebration and a day of festivities 
The one thing that has been bothering me the most is the blame I have been hearing from some people.  Blaming the Boston Marathon event planners and blaming the President.  What I want to YELL at these people is this, "WHAT WOULD THEY HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY?"  and "THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS."  I mean, yes, there could have been more security, but honestly, we are talking about an event that is totally open to the public.  You don't need to buy a ticket, you don't have a seat assigned to you.  Why, well, because the people that come to watch these events generally come to cheer on friends and family.  Sure there are also people there just to watch the event, but usually (from what I have experienced  there is someone at the finish line WAITING for someone to cross that they know.
I think if we just stopped blaming and helped (which a lot of people have been doing). Then we would be able to recover and reassess the situation.
I feel awful for the people that were in the middle of the blasts and now have to live with memories, fears and even the physical damage.  I just pray that they all recover and we are able to see some light in this horrible event.  I have to say, I was totally amazed by all the pictures of people helping other people.  It's amazing when horrible things like this happen there always seems to be people that aren't thinking about themselves but they are thinking about helping others.




No comments: