Translate

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Together Again!

After a very long anticipated visit from Sam, it finally came! I cannot tell you how excited I was to see him. I tracked him all the way from Reno to Las Vegas, Las Vegas to Hawaii and finally Hawaii to Manila. After roughly 27 hours of travelling he made it safe and sound! It was so amazing to see him and to have him finally see where I have been living for the last 4.5 months.

The first day we took it easy and just walked around Eastwood...it was wonderful to have him see all of the places I talked about and for him it was nice to know that I was living in a really nice area of Manila.

We had planned a nice 4 day trip to my favorite place in the Philippines, Boracay! I couldn't wait to sit on the beach, drink beer and just be with Sam.

We arrived to Boracay early Saturday morning. All week I had been praying that the sun would shine the whole time we were there, and of course Saturday it was just a beautiful day, we sat by the beautiful water and just relaxed. At night we had dinner at a really nice restaurant where we ate fresh fish! To our surprise they had entertainment, fire throwers, they were amazing and we really enjoyed watching them!

On Sunday it was raining a little so we waiting for the rain to die down and we walked around the shopping center. We then rented a kayak and argued about going the wrong direction every time! It was a total blast and we now know that the person in the back is the one that controls the kayak, so its all Sam's fault why we were doing circles. Later on that night we took a beautiful sunset sailing trip, the only bad part was a huge wave came up and almost swept me away, but we had a great time.

Monday we pretty much did the same exact thing as Sunday so I won't bore you with the details. We did walk the entire beach which is about 3 miles. I picked up sea shells the entire time. :) We again decided to take a sail boat ride only this time, we took on around the entire island. At first the guy that set us up on the sail boat trip told us it would take about 1.5 hours to get around the island, 4 hours later we returned. About 3 hours into the trip the wind died and the sail boat workers started paddling, it was funny but both of us had to go to the bathroom so we ran back to the room after the little adventure.

We had a wonderful time in Boracay, I wish I could say that we will go back someday, but there are so many places to see. I'm glad I was able to share the Philippines with Sam. That was the main part!






No comments: