Onto a different topic....

The last couple of weeks I have been blessed to be around some amazing of my friends and most of them are new Mommies. These women have been my friends with for a very long time. But all of them have been my friends before they had their children. One thing I have noticed is how "down" they can be on themselves for doing (or not doing) certain things that society tells them they have to do. Most of these Moms will say to me, it's a lot harder than I thought and I'm a terrible mom for not doing ........and my response is, "STOP BEING SO HARD ON YOURSELF."
I think we have a tendency for strive for perfection. It's funny too, because I learned really early in life that perfection=impossible. What I learned was, "do the best you can do." I have carried this with my all my life and it's funny but I think we lose site of this sometimes. This rings true with anything else in life. A friend shared a link that had a group of women who had to describe themselves to a sketch artist.....and then strangers came in and described the same women to the same sketch artist. The results are unbelievable. The strangers described each women as being much prettier than the descriptions the women gave themselves. The video is a great example of how hard we are on ourselves. Whether it's raising your child, planning your wedding, your beauty, something you did at work, I think it's about time we stop criticizing ourselves and rejoicing in our accomplishments. It doesn't mean that you have to go on Facebook, (or a blog) to tell every little thing that you did that day. But it means we stop caring what others might think and just do what we think is best for ourselves. Then one day (I hope), people will stop judging and criticizing others and focus on themselves.
I hope that the day I have children I'm able to pass on my daily goal to do the best I can do. It's all I can do, right? And besides, I think if we were perfect, the world would be ONE boring place!
Heres the link to the video:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/sketch-artist-experiment-proves-women-are-more-beautiful-tha
No comments:
Post a Comment