"You have just over 2 months, hang in there!" says my wonderful and spunky OB-GYN. I love her and hate her at the same time. Being reminded that I have 2.5 months seems to bring me up and down all at the same time. My back hurts, I can't walk without breathing like Chunk from the Goonies, my clothes are awkward and sleeping through the night seems like a distant memory.
I think sometimes when people ask me, "how are you feeling?" They expect me to tell them only the "good" and never how I really feel. Look, I LOVE being pregnant, nothing has been more mind blowingly AWESOME then being pregnant, I don't ever have to wear make-up, people are constantly telling me how wonderful I look and every. single. time. Ian moves, my heart skips a beat. But the thing is, there are really hard days. I'm human, you're human, you have good days, and you have bad ones too. When I tell people that I'm tired or my back hurts, they immediately remind me that I should be happy because I'm pregnant. I appreciate that they are trying to give me words of encouragement, but honestly a simple, "that sucks" would make me feel better! :)
ANYWAYS! The last two weeks have been a lot of fun either way. Courtney and Shane had their baby on the 28th of September (one week early)! So it added to the excitement...Clive Patrick Forster, 7lbs 13oz and 20 inches long....he has the most beautiful hair and he looks like Courtney and Shane combined. It was a long labor for Courtney but she did a wonderful job (only having to push for 15 mins!) Both baby and Courtney are now home doing just fine. It is really one of the coolest things to see your friends become parents. Both Shane and Courtney are going to do great and I can't wait till the day and Ian and Clive are best buds (oh the pressure)!
Last weekend I went to visit Baba (grandma), Steve, Susie, Connor and my god-sister Marnie (and her family). It was the last trip before Ian and it was a busy one! It was really nice to see Baba, she acknowledge the baby, but she can't quite remember that it's a boy and what Ian's name is. The good part of that is every time I "remind" her she lights up and tells me how lovely the name is and how wonderful it is to have boys (she had two)! Connor is growing so fast that it makes me sad to think that Ian will grow just as fast! Connor is quite the character, he loves to build forts with pillows and blankets, play with the hose outside and he LOVES Cora! Susie and I were telling him that his soon to be cousin was in my belly to which he looked at me and said, "Teta, Ian?" while looking at my belly and lifting my shirt up...it was by far one of the greatest Connor-Teta moments I have had with him.
This week Sam has been gone on his annual golf trip in Bandon, Oregon, a little twinge of jealousy struck because I'm basically hanging low until Ian comes. It's been a rough week having him gone because there are things I struggle with around the house and Sam's always there to help out. Getting off the couch is a HUGE chore and it involves a lot of pillows!
Today I read that Ian now has dreams, this sorta blows my mind because what would he dream about...I just pray to god he doesn't dream of me driving....I have a bit of a potty mouth when I'm in the car sometimes! :)
Here are some pictures from the last two weeks!
 |
| Me holding Clive! Isn't he cute?! |
 |
| Selfie at 30 weeks! |
 |
| Connor trying to figure out this whole, "Ian is in my belly" thing! |
 |
| Fall has come to Reno, this is the tree in our front yard! |
 |
| So beautiful! |
1 comment:
You look gorgeous, Keri! :)
Post a Comment