The last couple of weeks have been a blur......
We have had a lot going on....
Week 26:
I helped throw a baby shower for Courtney who is expecting her baby boy in October! We joke that Clive (soon to be Courtney and Shane's son) and Ian, really don't have a choice but to be best friends! It's going to be wonderful having her give me tips and for us to have each other as a sounding board as we enter this new world of "mommyhood".
The shower was a beautiful one I must say, I helped throw it with Courtney's sister-n-law Kerry and our mutual friend Catherine. Courtney's Aunt Diane helped a ton was well (the food was delicious)!
Here are some pictures from the shower....as well as a pictures of Court and Me at her shower:
Week 27:
This weekend we took the free time to work on Ian's room! I'm so happy how it turned out, and honestly it didn't take as long as I thought it would. I wanted to go with a theme that would help "guide" him into a path of great imagination and also the idea of adventure! Sam really wanted to do a Edmonton Oilers theme but I insisted that Ian wouldn't take anything away from that until he was old enough to understand! I promised him that it would be something we do when Ian is older (like 5 years from now). The Little Prince is a book I have read since I was a little girl. It's a beautiful book that gives a beautiful message. So that's the theme we went for. I wanted to do a mural for Ian so I took on the great task of painting. I was really nervous but with some help from Sam I was able to paint it exactly the way I had imagined it in my head, which if any of you know, that can be really really difficult sometimes. We took a projector and I was able to trace the image on to the wall, from there I added the paint and accents. It was a really neat process and I think I would do it again now that I have the knowledge of how easy it really is....
A few weeks before Sam had put the crib together, he amazes me how awesome he is putting stuff together. It wasn't a hard crib to put together, but it's always so nice to see him wanting to put his mark in Ian's room...
Cravings: Chocolate
Annoyances: Sleeping on my side and then having to move to the other side, it's starting to become a huge ordeal!
Wonderment: Ian really moves a lot! I know I keep saying this, but it amazes me how much he moves....not to mention, I have been talking to him more in English and Spanish in hopes that he will understand that his mommy speaks both!
Stories: This week I had to take the Glucose test....it's a test that you take when you are 26-27 weeks pregnant to make sure you do not have a risk of gestational diabetes. You have to drink 50 grams of straight sugar (within 5 mins). Some people think the drink tastes really gross, I on the other hand LOVED it....however, that's not to say I loved the after effects. You aren't allowed to drink or eat anything during the test and the test lasts one hour. During the hour I got the biggest headache (sugar crash) and I was really thirsty. After the hour, they take your blood and they send it off for analysis. If you fail you have to take it again, but you have to fast for 12 hours and the test lasts 3 hours! Lucky for me....I PASSED!
We have had a lot going on....
Week 26:
I helped throw a baby shower for Courtney who is expecting her baby boy in October! We joke that Clive (soon to be Courtney and Shane's son) and Ian, really don't have a choice but to be best friends! It's going to be wonderful having her give me tips and for us to have each other as a sounding board as we enter this new world of "mommyhood".
The shower was a beautiful one I must say, I helped throw it with Courtney's sister-n-law Kerry and our mutual friend Catherine. Courtney's Aunt Diane helped a ton was well (the food was delicious)!
Here are some pictures from the shower....as well as a pictures of Court and Me at her shower:
| Lemonade Bar! |
| All the gifts! |
| The Hostesses with the Guest of Honor |
| Two peas in a pod! |
| Hard to believe that I'm 2 months behind her! |
This weekend we took the free time to work on Ian's room! I'm so happy how it turned out, and honestly it didn't take as long as I thought it would. I wanted to go with a theme that would help "guide" him into a path of great imagination and also the idea of adventure! Sam really wanted to do a Edmonton Oilers theme but I insisted that Ian wouldn't take anything away from that until he was old enough to understand! I promised him that it would be something we do when Ian is older (like 5 years from now). The Little Prince is a book I have read since I was a little girl. It's a beautiful book that gives a beautiful message. So that's the theme we went for. I wanted to do a mural for Ian so I took on the great task of painting. I was really nervous but with some help from Sam I was able to paint it exactly the way I had imagined it in my head, which if any of you know, that can be really really difficult sometimes. We took a projector and I was able to trace the image on to the wall, from there I added the paint and accents. It was a really neat process and I think I would do it again now that I have the knowledge of how easy it really is....
A few weeks before Sam had put the crib together, he amazes me how awesome he is putting stuff together. It wasn't a hard crib to put together, but it's always so nice to see him wanting to put his mark in Ian's room...
Cravings: Chocolate
Annoyances: Sleeping on my side and then having to move to the other side, it's starting to become a huge ordeal!
Wonderment: Ian really moves a lot! I know I keep saying this, but it amazes me how much he moves....not to mention, I have been talking to him more in English and Spanish in hopes that he will understand that his mommy speaks both!
Stories: This week I had to take the Glucose test....it's a test that you take when you are 26-27 weeks pregnant to make sure you do not have a risk of gestational diabetes. You have to drink 50 grams of straight sugar (within 5 mins). Some people think the drink tastes really gross, I on the other hand LOVED it....however, that's not to say I loved the after effects. You aren't allowed to drink or eat anything during the test and the test lasts one hour. During the hour I got the biggest headache (sugar crash) and I was really thirsty. After the hour, they take your blood and they send it off for analysis. If you fail you have to take it again, but you have to fast for 12 hours and the test lasts 3 hours! Lucky for me....I PASSED!
| He's trapped! |
| ALL DONE! |
| Just with the painted outlines. |
| The finished product! |
No comments:
Post a Comment