This past weekend Ian was baptized in the Serbian Orthodox Church in Fair Oaks, California. It is the same church that I was baptized in when I was a baby. It was a beautiful day and we were lucky enough to have our family come and see him be baptized. Carol flew in from Edmonton for the celebration and will stay until after Mother's day.
We asked my god sister Marnie to be Ian's Kuma (Godmother) and her husband Marty to be his Kum (Godfather). Since Marty isn't Orthodox he wasn't able to full participate in the baptism but he did stand next to Marnie as she held Ian for a solid hour during the celebration. Ian did really well, he didn't fuss until the part where the priest put him in the baptismal font and poured water over his head three times (for the father, son and holy spirit). He let out this big yell and then a cry, but as soon as I wrapped him in the towel he was fine! Nik helped read versus from the Bible which was really nice since we asked him at the Church (we didn't know we needed someone to do that!)
Here are some pictures from the day, although I'm really upset we didn't take a picture of Ian with everyone! I'm the worst at coordinating things like that! Thank you to Kevin for being our photographer. :)

We asked my god sister Marnie to be Ian's Kuma (Godmother) and her husband Marty to be his Kum (Godfather). Since Marty isn't Orthodox he wasn't able to full participate in the baptism but he did stand next to Marnie as she held Ian for a solid hour during the celebration. Ian did really well, he didn't fuss until the part where the priest put him in the baptismal font and poured water over his head three times (for the father, son and holy spirit). He let out this big yell and then a cry, but as soon as I wrapped him in the towel he was fine! Nik helped read versus from the Bible which was really nice since we asked him at the Church (we didn't know we needed someone to do that!)
Here are some pictures from the day, although I'm really upset we didn't take a picture of Ian with everyone! I'm the worst at coordinating things like that! Thank you to Kevin for being our photographer. :)
| Still fussing a little after the water dunking... |
| Father Dane putting the miron (blessed oil) on Ian |
No comments:
Post a Comment