I MADE IT! After all of the hussel and bussel of last weeks adventure in San Francisco to get my work visa, I was a little worried I was never going to make it to Manila. But I did! My first impression, I'm the tallest person majority of the time! I also stand out like a sore thumb. Which I was expecting but its funny because everyone automatically speaks English to me. I left San Francisco (after a very tearful good-bye to Sam) around 11:45pm on Saturday, originally the plane was suppose to stop in Guam but for some reason they didn't have to, so we arrived in Manila about 2.5 hours earlier than expected. I was a little worried that the driver from my apartment wouldn't be there but as I was waiting for my bags (which took forever) I saw him! I was really happy to see a somewhat familiar face (the apartment had sent me a picture of him :) ) As we were driving to the apartment, I couldn't help but notice how busy it was at 4:30am, its almost like 8:00am in San Francisco, everyone is going to work or in some cases, just getting off of work. The driving is an organized chaos mixed in with some crazy moto drivers who in the words of the driver, "are very bravely stupid."
My apartment is nice and big, I can't believe I'm staying in a place like this! It has a great kitchen and family room and the bedroom is HUGE!
I haven't gone exploring that much today, I'm still a little jet lagged and I want to "wonder" around with someone who knows this place because I can see myself getting lost with all of these huge towers around me.
Tomorrow I start work, I'm looking forward to it. I really think that once I meet people that I can relate to, it will be a much easier transition. I have posted some pics of my apartment and the view that I have....
Oh and one fun fact about the Philippines (just for you Susie!) The cars odometer is in the middle of the cars, not in front of the driver!
Until the next blog....
1 comment:
Wow Keri!!! You really have the setup. Nice work girl!
Post a Comment