No not really but for those of you that are wondering, I'm ok! Pretty freaky thing that happened yesterday. (just in case you don't know what I'm talking about see the link below.)
I mean did that guy seriously think they would give his job back by taking hostage of a tourist bus?!!! I mean of all things, taking innocent people hostage is not on the "things that are a great idea to do in order to get your job back" list!
Really sad story and even more awful how it was handled. I have tried to not talk to locals about it, but I honestly think the way the Philippine Police handled everything was just horrendous.
The police here already talk a lot of flack and then this happens, just doesn't help their poor reputation.
Either way, I'm ok. And again it was just a freak event, remember the guy in Canada that decapitated someone because the "voices" told him to? That is how I look at it, wrong place at the wrong time!
Anyways, just wanted to update everyone. Hopefully this doesn't put a bad taste in your mouth of the location that I'm in, because as far as I see, the people are wonderful here! Take care!
CNN Link(copy and paste into address bar)- http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/08/23/philippines.bus.hostages/index.html?hpt=T2
No comments:
Post a Comment