Yesterday a group of us went to Taal Volcano in a town Talisay. The volcano sits in the middle of a lake and if you want you can take a boat to the volcano and hike to the very top. The drive from Manila took about 2 hours (in actual distance, its about 30 miles), it would have been shorter but traffic in Manila is INSANE!
We went to lunch at a place that over looked the Volcano, they had little huts that we sat in and drank out $0.45 San Miguel beers. The best part of the whole entire lunch was the restaurant, they sang all of the latest "hits" like Lady GaGa's "Poker Face" and then they sang Justin Beiber, I swear I could not stop laughing, I'm not sure why, I think it was mostly for the fact that it was a bunch of people singing words that they didn't know how to pronounce or the simple fact that, no matter where you go, BAD American Pop Music is sure to follow. Enjoy the video.
The other pictures are of the farmers market I insisted we stop at, the fruit looked amazing, I tired a fruit called Mangoteen (it is the brown fruit by the pineapple) the women squeezed it with her hands and inside the shell is a bright pink, and the fruit looks like a white orange. It tastes amazing, almost like a tangerine mixed with a pear. We also had Pineapple, by far the best I have ever had. I also bought an avocado.
Today was a really mellow day, we went to the mall across the way and got $8 manicures and pedicure, YES that's right I said $8.00....Totally made my day!
One thing I am still getting use to is the simple fact that people stare at me, now I realize that I am the only white person in the group, but its almost annoying how much they stare. One of these days I will take a picture of it and post it, that way you know what I'm talking about. It is funny to know that I am the minority here.
1 comment:
This sounds amazing Keri! Mangosteen is delicious. Nik and I ate it in Thailand. I bought it by the bag and would just sit and eat about 10 of them at a time. Yummy! Glad things are going well, even when you are the minority.
Post a Comment